Our club offers freestyle worksessions on Saturdays from Fall though Spring.
Member Walk-On: $13
Non-Member Walk-On: $16
12 Session Punch Card (Members Only): $132 – $11/session
6 Session Punch Card (Members Only): $72 – $12/session
USFS Test Sessions
We offer United States Figure Skating Association approved test sessions at regular intervals year round. Test sessions include moves in the field, freestyle, and ice dance through international.
–April 2019 Test Session Cancelled–
Next Test Session:
May 12, 2019
Important Test Session Information:
- Registration and payment must be postmarked by the deadline on the test form. We look at the postmark to determine priority so there is no need to send by express or priority mail.
- Priority goes to home club members who submit their application before the deadline. All others (including home club members who do not get their applications in on time) are first come, first served.
- Test fees will not be refunded after the schedule is published, including contingent tests that are not taken. If a skater is sick or injured and can produce a doctor’s note we will forward the test to the next test session.
- The schedule will be posted a week before the test on this website and emailed to all skaters and coaches at the address given on the application form.
- Please arrive at the rink for your test at least one hour prior to your scheduled warmup time. If we are ahead of schedule and you are not available for your test, we may not be able to fit you in later.
- By submitting an application, you are applying to test at any time during the session. Personal requests by skaters/coaches cannot be accommodated fairly with the number of tests we conduct.
- Coaches, including partnering pros and coaches of non-home club members must be CER compliant via USFSA in order to coach/partner at our test sessions.
- Results will be provided at the first break following each group. Copies will be provided and originals will stay with the club.
- If you are not a home club member, you must have a Permission to Test letter from your club in order to test.
Contact our board if you are interested in volunteering a few hours of your time to assist with skater checkin, ice monitoring, or test form running. Volunteering is a great way to become more acquainted with our sport and the testing atmosphere. Many of our volunteer jobs also allow you to watch some fantastic skating.
For more information about test sessions, contact us.
Annual Spring Show
Aladdin On Ice
Saturday, April 13 & Sunday April 14
1 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
2018 The Little Mermaid:
To view more photos, please join our Facebook group.
Our club hosts an annual exhibition prior to our May Day Open Competition. This is a fantastic opportunity for skaters to get pre-competition jitters out of their system by performing for an audience. Skaters also cheer for each other building club spirit and camaraderie.
May Day Open Competition
We host an annual competition called the May Day Open. This competition attracts approximately 450 competitors from Basic Skills through Senior level, and Adult Bronze though Gold levels. Judges include those with national and international level experience. Events include freestyle, compulsory events (moves, spins, jumps), interpretive freestyle, artistic freestyle, pairs, ice dancing and theatre on ice.
It takes many hands to make this event run smoothly. Contact our board if you are interested in volunteering a few hours of your time or giving a monetary donation to be used towards hospitality at the event. Volunteering is a great way to become more acquainted with our sport and many of our volunteer jobs allow you to watch some fantastic skating throughout the day. We need volunteers to staff a number of positions such as our registration table, ice monitors, score runners, accounting, award presenters, announcers, set up, and clean up etc… We offer hospitality and refreshment to our judges, coaches and volunteers throughout the event. Donations of food, paper goods, disposable silverware, beverages and monetary donations to assist in the purchase of these items are very much appreciated.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
15101 Sweitzer Lane
Laurel, Maryland 20707
*In order to secure the group rate you must identify yourself with The Gardens Figure Skating Club May Day Open. Limited rooms are available. Please ask about group rates.
For more information, contact us.
Fundraising key in supporting the many events our club offers. We host a number of fundraising events throughout the year. These events include bake sales, public session fundraisers, sports playoff fundraisers, dinners out at local restaurants, bleacher seat cushion sales and more.
Do you shop on Amazon? We also have an Amazon Smile account. If you use this link, Amazon donates a small percentage of your purchase to our club. Every little bit helps, use Amazon Smile today!
Every year we host an all night lock-in event for our membership. Skaters of all ages are invited to join us for an evening of food, fun and skating. We consider this a “skate ’till you drop” event. Watch your email for the announcement of our next lock-in event.
2018 Lock-In Event:
To view more photos, please join our Facebook group.
We host a Halloween party in October on a Saturday during club ice. Join us for costumes, fun, food and skating!
Summer & Winter Ice Shows
The Gardens Ice House hosts an end of Summer and a mid Winter ice show. These shows are open to The Gardens Ice House Learn to Skate participants of all ages and levels. Solo and team performances by our club skaters are also included. Watch for email announcements regarding solo sign-ups and team participation.
Not on our email list? Join or renew your membership today!